Duplicating a product creates a new product with the same attributes and settins as a previously created product. The duplicated product will leave the Description, Barcode, POS ID#, and POS Description fields empty as these need to be unique for each product. Duplicating a product simplifies data entry when entering many similar products. Rather than manually entering similar data for many products, you may duplicate an existing product and only make changes where needed.
How to Create a Duplicate Product
- Select "Recipe" from the dropdown menu located at the top of the page.
- Select "Products" from the dropdown menu.
- Enter the first few characters of the product you would like to duplicate from the search result listing.
- Select the product you would like to duplicate from the search result listing.
- Click the "Duplicate" button located at the top left-hand corner of the page.
- Enter a unique Description, Barcode, POS ID#, and POS Description for the product.
- Edit any other product details as you would when creating/editing a new product.
- Click the "Save" button located in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.