To create the prep recipe, you will need to add ingredients to detail what it takes to make the prep. You can choose items or other preps as ingredients.
To Add an Ingredient:
- Click "Preps" (main menu toolbar).
NOTE: The window, by default, is in "NEW" mode until an existing prep is selected.
- Complete the "Inventory" and "Prep Sheet Information" sections of the new prep.
- Select an item ingredient by clicking "Add Item Ingredient" or "Add Prep" (prep toolbar).
- Enter the full or partial name of the ingredient you wish to use. The list will filter as you type.
- Double-click on ingredient or click "OK".
- Enter the quantity required.
- Select the unit of measure (UOM) from the drop-down list.
NOTE: For those items that were entered as a volume, only volume units will show, and those entered as weight, only weight units will show. If you require a new UOM for an ingredient, you will need to add a conversion to that ingredient (item or prep). You can use decimals such as 0.25 cup or 0.75 ounce.
- Follow steps 3 - 7 to continue adding ingredients until the prep recipe is complete.
- When you're satisfied that everything is entered correctly, click "Save".
NOTE: You can only enter each ingredient once. The program does not allow duplicate ingredients, so make sure you indicate the total amount required for the recipe. Once an ingredient is added, it will not longer appear on the search list.
Optimum Control will calculate the total cost of this prep recipe (at the bottom right-hand corner). To calculate the actual cost per unit, it takes the total cost of this prep recipe and divides it by the physical yield.
Actual Cost Per (Recipe Unit) – This cost shows the total cost per recipe unit. Review this cost to see if it makes sense. If it doesn't check your physical yield and recipe figures. In addition to this, ensure you use the correct amounts for the UOM for each ingredient indicated.
To Remove an Ingredient
To delete an ingredient, simply highlight the desired ingredient and click "Remove Ingredient" on the prep toolbar.