Most inventory items will fall into the Units of Measure (UOM) provided on the OC Enterprise site. You may want to add your own units for specific pack-sizes and for reporting purposes.
How to Add a Unit of Measure:
- Click "Setup" from menu bar.
- Select "Units of Measure".
- Click "New Uom" (or to edit an existing UOM, click "Edit").
- Type in a Unit Description under "Description" - This is the long name of the unit. Examples include: kilogram, liter, cup, etc. This is used in windows such as preps and products.
- Type in a short, abbreviated description under "Unit" (maximum of 6 characters). Examples include: "kg", "lb". This is used for reporting purposes or where space is limited for the full description.
- Indicate the type of the ingredient from the "Unit Type" dropdown list. Be very careful as you want to ensure that you are using volume/liquid units and weight units with like units. This way when you add a conversion for this UOM, it can be converted to any other of that type of unit.
- Click "Save".
|Weight||These units are those that are used by weight. Pound, Gram, Kilogram. Once a weight unit is selected for an item, all weight units will be available when adding as an ingredient.|
|Volume||Volume-type units are those applied to liquid measures. Fluid, ounce, liter, mililiter, 750mL are examples.|
|Unit||Used when an item is used by the individual unit. Examples include: each, carton, serving, etc. When entering an item, the default unit will be "each". A conversion is required to convert an each to another unit type.|