The Amalgamate UOM page allows you to amalgamate/merge two units of measure (UOM) that may exist in your database into one single unit of measure.
Caution: This can only be done with like units that have the same type. (Weight to Weight, Volume to Volume, Unit to Unit)
How to Review your Units of Measure (UOM)
- Select "Utility" from the dropdown menu located at the top of the page.
- Select "Amalgamate Uom" from the dropdown menu.
- Two (2) lists will be displayed: the "Master Uom" and the "Duplicate Uom". The list on the left side is the Master Uom list. This is the list of UOM for your database; the one you want to keep. On the right side a list of "Duplicate Uoms" that OC Enterprise has listed in your database.
- The dropdown list located near the top, right-hand side of the page will allow you to select between the different types of UOMS displayed (unit, volume, or weight).
How to Amalgamate Your UOM (Units of Measure):
Amalgamating will clean your database by combining & removing any duplicate Units of Measure (UOM) that may exist in your database; leaving only a single Master UOM list in the database.
- Click the "Amalgamate" button.
- A confirmation page will appear as shown in the image below.
- Click the "Amalgamate" button again to confirm your choice or click "Back to Amalgamate Uom" to cancel amalgamation.".