When stores add case sizes, groups, or information in general, you need to be able to view these new entities (such as items, recipes, or case sizes) and decide whether these should be a part of the core enterprise information. This window is a "holding area" to let users approve whether these get added to the main OC Enterprise database or not. There have been instances where stores have added incorrect case sizes on enterprise only to be distributed to all stores on the next update.
To prevent this, you can set in preferences whether new information from the store level requires approval before adding to the website. The information will still be in any reporting and as such will be "added" to the website for reporting purposes but won't be added to the core information and distributed to other stores.
Any information, once approved, will be added to the Enterprise site to be used for other stores if needed.
To Set Preferences
- Click "Company" and select "Preferences".
- Select "New items from store level require approval" and click the checkbox to initialize this feature.
- Click the "Save" button located in the upper left of the screen.
To Approve or Ignore New Items or Case Sizes
Note: When approving entities, start with general setting types (e.g. accounts, suppliers, groups) otherwise an approved item will have this information missing and will not be exportable in a recipe set until completed.
- Select "Utility | Approve Pending Items.".
- In the search box, type a few letters of the item you wish to view and click the magnifying glass icon located to the right of the search box.
- If you want to filter your results, click the filter icon located to the right of the magnifying glass. This will allow you to filter based on Store (All stores currently found on Enterprise), and Entity Type (select from the option displayed in the dropdown).
Note: If you want to select multiple stores or entity types, click the box with three dots located to the right of the filter options, and select the stores or entity types you want to include, then click the "OK" button located in the bottom right of the window.
- View any new items, preps, or products, case sizes, etc. that have been added at store level and are pending additions to the Enterprise website. Remember, if approved, these new items will be available for other stores on the site. If not approved they will be available for reporting only.
- Select the items to approve. View the items, which stores they came from, and choose the action. You can choose whether to Approve or Ignore this entry ("Approve" adds to the database on line and "Ignore" means it will not be added).
Approve: Once an item entity is approved it will be added to its respective listing for viewing.
Ignore: If entity is ignored it will not be displayed in any of its respect listings for viewing.
Note: If you do not approve or ignore, then no action will be completed and the list will stay. Nothing will be done until some sort of action is initiated.