When adding information to OC Enterprise, your costing will remain as entered unless updated. This function allows you to set the parameters to bulk update your item costing. It is important to note that item and recipe cost does NOT get updated unless manually changed or the item costing function is used.
TIP: We recommend doing this periodically (particularly before recipe costing reporting).
To Update Item and Recipe Costing
- Click "Utility"
- Select "Item Costing"
- Select the parameters you wish to use for the update. In some cases, you may only want to take costing from one corporate store or region. In others, you may wish to take an average of all store information. Remember: This will be updated based on all the purchases and case sizes that stores are inputting.
- Calculate Method - When saving, the option selected will determine how item costing will be updated.
- Review Pricing and Case Size Information - Uncheck any anomalies such as unused case sizes or incorrect pricing.
- Click the "Calculate Costing" button located in the upper left hand corner of the screen.
Calculate Method Details Most Recent This will set the item costing to the latest price. Average This will take the average price for each item. Highest Price This will use the highest price found. Lowest Price This will use the lowest price found. Most Frequent In some cases, you may have recurring pricing throughout fluctuations. To use the most frequent pricing choose this option.
Case Size Criteria
Title Details Region By default, this is set to all regions. But if you wish to update based on a certain region's case case, this can be selected here. Supplier By default, this will be set to all supplier case sizes. If you want to update pricing based on only one supplier, this can be selected here.
Field Details Region By default, this is set to all regions. If you wish to update based on a certain region's pricing and invoices, this can be selected here. Store By default, this is set to all stores. If you wish to update based on a certain store's pricing and invoices, this can be selected here. This is helpful if you have a particular store that is used as a corporate store. Start Date Select a date to have OC Enterprise begin looking at new costs and invoices. End Date Select a date to end looking at pricing. This would normally be set to today or yesterday. Change % Threshold
This feature will highlight large price changes. This is also a handy way to see if any stores have made errors in adding case size information or pricing. By default, this is set to 10%, but any amount can be entered. All those meeting or exceeding the criteria will be highlighted in yellow.
If "Over Threshold Lines Only" is checked, then ONLY those exceeding will be shown, but all pricing will be updated.
TIP: You can review the pricing and decide to not update the pricing on a specific item or case size by simply unchecking the item.
- Review the prices and click "Save" in the upper left hand corner of the screen.