You may set periods for use in OC Enterprise for defining reporting periods, accounting periods, and even inventory periods. Once period information is finalized, editing existing information from before the period closing date requires a user with edit permissions.
IMPORTANT: Before adding periods, make sure you have indicated the period length, the month end treatment and when your fiscal year ends to ensure a proper calculation. This can be done by clicking the "Preferences" button on the "Periods" screen.
To Generate Periods:
- Click "Setup" from the menu bar.
- Select "Periods".
- To add periods, select "Generate Periods".
- Choose the number of periods to generate (if this is your first time generated periods, select one (1) or two (2) periods for now; you can add more later). The length of any periods and rules for generating periods can be customized in the "Preferences" page. From the "Periods" page, click the "Preferences" button.
- Click "Generate".
- The periods are displayed. You may review and edit this if needed.
- To finish creating the periods, click "Save". Once Optimum Control has the first couple of periods to build from, it is easier to process a year after that.
- To generate more periods, repeat steps 3 to 5 (choose the number of periods to generate for the year).
- Click "Save".
When adding periods, be sure to indicate the period length, started day, and the month end to ensure a proper calculation.