Learn the steps you should take when setting up Optimum Control.
What You Should Do First:
- Enter or edit your store information – This information was entered in the initial start up wizard and will appear on all reports. Review and /or edit your information as necessary.
- Review your preferences – You may want to review your system preferences. You'll be able to define the views for different windows, desired units of measure, fonts, and text sizes.
- Add taxes and adjustments applicable in your jurisdiction.
- View and edit categories customized for your operation. This can also be done when entering items, preps, or products.
- Review inventory groups and sales groups, and add or edit as necessary. This can be done when entering items, preps, and products.
- Enter storage locations that reflect where your stock is stored. This can also be done when entering items, preps, and products.
- Review your Chart of Accounts (General Ledger, GL Accounts) with your accountant to make sure you have the accounts needed. This can also be done when entering items, preps, and products.
After Reviewing the Initial Setup, Begin Adding Item and Recipe Data
- Enter inventory items – These are the items you carry in inventory (your stock book), and the root of your inventory counting, purchasing, and recipes.
- Entering prep recipes – These are the batch recipes in your kitchen.
- Enter menu products – The recipes on your menu and the modifiers in your POS system.