- Getting Started
- Main Menu Dashboard
- Count Inventory
- Case Size Overview
- Setting Item Par Levels
- Prep/Batch Recipes
- Setting Prep Par Levels
- Prep / Batch Recipe Scaling
- Menu Product Recipes
- Ordering Stock
- Sales Mix
- Daily Sales Summary – Viewing and Entering
- Item and Recipe Management
- Budget Worksheet
- Tracking Waste
- Catering Events
- Buffet Wizard
- Export Accounting Data
- General Information
Manuals and Resources
How do I track my waste?
Optimum Control allows you to detail waste for a date or period. This waste will appear on the Usage Summary report, showing as part of the ideal usage of an item. If entering waste for a week or period, select the last date of the period.
To Enter Waste:
- Click "Waste" (main menu toolbar).
- The Waste Calendar View appears. To open any previously saved waste with a valuation for the day it was saved, double-click on the value for the date.
- Click "New".
- Select the date for the waste, and if entering for a group of days, choose the last day of the group.
- Select the "Add Item", "Add Prep" or "Add Product" icon from the Waste toolbar to select the waste items.
- Enter in the quantity amount that was wasted.
- Unit – Indicate the unit of measure. You can use any UOM in the drop-down.
- Reason – Add a short note about why it was wasted.
- To add additional items, preps, or products, repeat steps 5 - 7.
- Click "Save". The stock will be removed from the inventory.