The Item Classification Editor (ICE) is an efficient way to make mess changes to groups, locations, or tax groups for items or recipes.
To Move a Single Item:
- Select "Group", "Location", or "Tax Group" from the "Options" drop-down list.
- The action in this step is dependent on which option you are working with:
- Group – select "Sales" or "Inventory" from the "Group Type" drop-down list.
- Tax Group – select "Product" or "Case Size" from the Product" or "Case-Size" drop-down list.
- Location – Check the "Retain Previous Location" box to keep the item or recipe in the previous location while adding a new location.
NOTE: It is best to use this feature for Primary (P) locations only. Be careful to which are your Primary (P) and which are Secondary (S) locations.
- From the list on the the left, click the "≥" to expand the group, location, or tax group to see the associated items.
- Click on the item to edit and hold to drag the item onto the desired group, location, or tax group on the right.
- Release your left mouse button to place the item.
To Move Multiple Items:
- Follow steps 1 to 3 from the instructions above.
- To select multiple items, there are two ways to do so:
- Hold the SHIFT key down and click the first and last items to move. All items between those should be highlighted. Release the SHIFT key at this time.
- While holding the CTRL key down, click on each item to be moved. After all items to be moved are highlighted, release the control key.
- Drag the highlighted items to the desired group, location, or tax group on the right.
- Release your left mouse button to place the items.